As a kid I remember that I could see myself being 30-something but 40 seemed pretty old, almost like life was pretty much over at that point. I laugh looking back on it now because one day I woke up and I’m the “old guy”.
And while life is far from being over, at the same time I have to admit to myself that things certainly aren’t the same.
By the time we hit 40 a lot of us have some wear and tear going on. Maybe it is from a previous injury or maybe it’s just time catching up with us but either way, making sure that we can improve our strength and power on the trail without blowing ourselves up in the process is important.
Over time I’ve found that there some important things you can do as you get older to keep riding strong while staying healthy and durable. These include:
– Find ways to improve your strength and fitness without having to place a lot of load on the body.
– Learn how to work with your body and focus on expanding your 80%, not hammering against your 100%.
– Focus on skills training and not excessive on-bike cardio training.
– Work on maintaining and improving your mobility.
– You’ve got to crawl like a baby to ride like a man (or woman).
In this webinar webinar replay I go over these tips in a lot more detail. I’m basically going to share everything I’ve learned up to this point about how to keep the 40+ rider training and riding strong.
Now, I’d also like to point out that these tips are not about trying to win your age group or achieve a KOM on STRAVA. While you may get faster, this webinar is more about teaching you how to improve your durability and health while enjoying riding more.
Until next time…
MTB Strength Training Systems
p.s. You can now get the only program made for the 40+ mountain bike rider for just $19. Click below to learn more about the 40+ MTB Rider Program and how it can help you enjoy riding even more.