In this podcast I interview the founder of The School of Crazy Monkey Self Defense, Rodney King. Having both a Doctorate and personal experience on the streets of Johannesburg, South Africa, Coach Rodney understands interpersonal violence from both an academic and personal experience point of view.
You can stream or download this episode from the link below or you can find it on Itunes, Podbean, Spotify and all other major podcasting platforms.
Some of the things we talked about include:
- How Rodney became a Real World Self Defense expert.
- Origins of The School of Crazy Monkey.
- Coach Rodney’s philosophy of self defense
- Why a lot of what you see on YouTube won’t work.
- Common mistakes people make in self defense scenarios.
- Detecting and Avoiding violence.
- Neurology of Interpersonal Violence and how this affects us physically.
- How the mindset and tools needed to survive a self defense situation are the same you need to become a better rider.
You can learn more and sign up for a free self defense basics course at http://www.SchoolofCrazyMonkey.com. I strongly encourage you to start there as a first step if you need to improve your self defense skills. It is an important part of being an MTB Warrior and something that we can’t put off on someone else to do for us.
Until next time…
MTB Strength Training Systems
“Always be aware of the easiest way to accomplish something. Do not strive to do something difficult because you seek favor in the eyes of others.” Miyamoto Musashi