One of the big things that separate road riding from mountain biking is the amount of tension needed for each sport. While you run into some high tension moments on the road, the trail simply demands more of those moments and often asks for us to do them for extended periods of time.
The truth is that a lot of riding takes place below the magical 90-100 rpm barrier that so many riders train at. And that means that when faced with low rpm, high tension efforts they aren’t physically prepared to handle it.
Plus, a lot of tension is required for technical descents and handling trail impacts. These movements and muscles are different from those used when pedaling and need to be trained as well.
The need for this ability to create and sustain tension – also known as “strength endurance” – is a key factor in your success as a mountain biker. Working on this ability to dominate these high tension situations is also lacking from a lot of riders training programs. This is a big reason why so many mountain bikers are disappointed in the results they see from programs based on the needs of roadies.
That’s also why I’m such a big believer in the power of an integrated approach to improvement that includes strength training and is focused on the reality of trail riding. When done right you can see some dramatic results with minimal training time.
This is why it is so important that you don’t just follow a program based on road riding this off-season. You need a program that addresses the high tension realities of the trail and prepares you for them, not a program that prepares you for the lower tension world of road riding.
And for hundreds of riders around the world the easiest solution to that problem has been the MTB DB Combos Program. It is the perfect program for:
– Riders who travel a lot and need a workout they can do with the equipment found in most hotel gyms.
– Riders who don’t have experience with strength training and need a simple workout they can easily understand and follow.
– Riders who can’t afford a gym membership and need to train at home with minimal equipment.
This 12 week program is designed so that you can do it with just a few dumbbells and it is simple enough that you can start your first workout within 15 minutes of downloading the manual. And because I know that a lot of riders are looking for a program like this I’m having a Black Friday special on the MTB DB Combos Program.
Right now you can get the MTB DB Combos Program for just $29, which is 25% off the regular price. Plus you will get 3 FREE bonus programs valued at $107. The bonus workouts include:
– DB Time Crunched Tail Rider Follow Along Workouts: This 12 week dumbbell program features 30 minute follow-along workouts you can do at home. Just hit play and follow along as I lead you through your workout. I show you what to do and do it with you as we complete the workouts together, making sure you know exactly what to do and have the encouragement to do it.
– MTB Mobility Program: These simple 15 minute Follow-Along routines will instantly improve your mobility, letting you perform at a higher level with less pain. Just click play on these follow-along videos as I show you how to go beyond stretching to unlock your stiff joints and find a new way to move on your bike.
– MTB Low Back Pain Solution: Discover the simple 3 Step Formula that will reduce low back pain both on and off the bike so that you can ride as long and fast as you want while doing it all pain free. Instantly improve your hip mobility and core strength with the only program designed to target the real causes of low back pain on the trail…too much seated pedaling! In only 30 days you’ll completely change your hip mobility, trail specific core strength and ability to stand up more, letting you ride with less pain and have more fun on the trail.
That’s 4 programs for just $29…but this deal only lasts a few more days so don’t wait. On Monday this special deal ends and so does your chance to get these 4 ride-changing programs for less than a decent chain for your bike.
This is a great chance for you to get the program that will address what you really need to ride with more speed, endurance and confidence on the trail. If you need a program that will train you like a mountain biker without requiring a lot of time and equipment then this is the workout program you’ve been looking for.
You can take control of your progression as a rider and this Black Friday special on the MTB DB Combos Program is the perfect way to get started. Click on the link above to take action and get started.
Until next time…